LOBBY CORPS(657) 278-4216
CALIFORNIA HIGHER EDUCATION STUDENT SUMMIT
Engage. Educate. Empower. Are you passionate about CSUF and our student body? CHESS is a rewarding opportunity to advocate for your fellow students up at the Capitol Building!
CHESS is an annual conference hosted at the State Capitol by CSSA. Students learn how to be effective advocates and are empowered to become agents of change. Training in advocacy for leadership, governance, public policy, and higher education. Students are given the unique opportunity to collaborate and network with state legislators.
Apply for the twenty-first annual California Higher Education Summit below!
WHAT IS LOBBY CORPS?
ASI Lobby Corps is a student driven committee that advocates for students on statewide issues that impact CSUF and the CSU system.
- All students are welcome to join our meetings!
- Thursdays, 1:15PM – 3:45PM, Presidents' Room (TSU-233)
- President: Barack Obama
- Congressional Senate/House Reps
- Sen. Barbara Boxer
- Sen. Diane Feinstein
- Rep. Edward "Ed" Royce
- Mayor: Greg Sebourn
- Mayor Pro Tem: Jennifer Fitzgerald
- Council Members: Doug Chaffee, Jan M. Flory, and Bruce Whitaker
CSSA is a student advocacy organization which is governed by a student Board of Directors composed of representatives of each of the 23 CSU campuses.
- Voting Member: Annabelle Landry, ASI Chief Governmental Officer
- Non-Voting Member: Michael Badal, ASI President
CSU BOARD OF TRUSTEE
“The Board of Trustees is responsible for the oversight of the California State University.”