Did You Know?
- Advocates on the local & state levels on behalf of CSUF students
- Provides part-time employment for more than 300 CSUF students
- Is funded entirely by student fees
- Can cost the same as studying at CSUF? When studying on a CSUF program, students pay the same fees that they would pay if studying on campus, plus cost of living.
- Was only taken advantage of by 284 CSUF students last year. That is less than 1% of CSUF students, and nationally only 2% of college students study abroad per year.
- Will earn you CSUF resident credits. Even credits earned on a non-CSUF program can be used to satisfy major, minor or general education requirements.
- 6 students, out of 8 who applied, received the Benjamin Gilman International Scholarship in fall 2011, each for $5000. The Gilman Scholarship is awarded to up to 2300 scholarships a year, with the average award of $4000.
- Students who take a summer, semester or even a year to study abroad can still graduate in four years. The key to making study abroad fit into your academic plan it to plan early.
- You don't need to know a foreign language to study abroad. There are many study in English programs in several different countries.
ASI has roots!
Read about the history of ASI and learn about its decades of evolution!
Fun facts about CSUF
- The University was originally named Orange County State College. Classes began with 452 students in September, 1959.
- The Second Hetebrink House, also known as Titan House, was built in 1886. During the early years of CSUF, both offices and classrooms were located in the house.
- William B. Langsdorf served as the first president of Cal State Fullerton, from 1959 to 1970
- The first permanent building completed, the Science Building, opened in fall 1963.
- Kevin Costner earned a B.A. in business from CSUF in 1978.
- Since 1993, the campus has added the College Park Building, Steven G. Mihaylo Hall, University Hall, the Titan Student Union, the Student Recreation Center, the Nutwood Parking Structure, the State College Parking Structure, Dan Black Hall, Joseph A.W. Clayes III Performing Arts Center West, Phase II Housing, the Grand Central Art Center, Pollak Library North.
- James Cameron, famed director of Avatar and Terminator (which starred previous California governor Arnold Schwarzenegger) attended CSUF.
- CSUF Alumni/Current Students in Television & Film:
- Marc Cherry – creator of Desperate Housewives
- Linda Woolverton – writer for Tim Burton's Alice in Wonderland
- Kirsten Vangsness – actress in Criminal Minds
- Sara Hess – producer/writer for House M.D.
- Linda Emond – actress in Julie and Julia
- Larry Poindexter – actor in The Hard Times of RJ Berger
- Chris Chatman – actor in Sunday School Musical
- Danielle Fishel - actress in Boy Meets World
- Thurl Ravenscroft (voice of Tony the Tiger) lived and died in Fullerton
- In 1949 Leo Fender developed and refined the design of the Fender Telecaster guitar in Fullerton.
- A.W. Leo, Tom Yates and Ralph Harrison invented Hawaiian Punch in a converted Fullerton garage in 1934.
- Gwen Stefani (solo artist and most notably the singer of the band No Doubt) and Tony Kanal (bassist for No Doubt) attended CSUF.
- Adam Lambert (runner-up of American Idol season 8) attended CSUF.
- The alternative rock band Lit, and punk band The Adolescents are from Fullerton.
- Famous musician Jackson Browne went to high school in Fullerton.
ASI has Desktop Backgrounds!
Alt-Click the desktop you would like to download below, right-click the file in your downloads folder, and select "Set as desktop background."1920x1080 Phone 1920x1080 Phone
Associated Students, Inc.
- 2010-2011 Annual Report
- All Night Study
- Aloha Sweepstakes
- ASI Mission Statement
- ASI Update
- Directions and Maps
- EDC (Employee Development Conference)
- Employment Opportunities
- History of ASI
- Hours of Operation
- Midterm Madness
- Social Media
- Spring Concert
- This Week On Campus
- Upcoming Events
News You Can Use
- Check out the ASI Spring Calendar of Events!
- Wondering what is going on at the CSUF Irvine Campus?
Click here^ to find out!
- Looking for a Job? Work for ASI!
Check out all of the great opportunities to earn money while working conveniently on campus.
- Rookies on the Rock: Apr 27: 5-8PM
Beginners Only! All gear provided.
- Thursday Movie: I, Frankenstein
Apr 24: 4PM, 7PM, & 10PM in the TSU Theater
- Titan Rec Fun Run: May 3
Only $18 for CSUF Students: Don't Wait - Sign Up Today!
- Download the ASI Irvine Campus Calendar of Events Here!
- Check out the Community Engagement Coalition Newsletter