ALL NIGHT ROAD TRIP STUDY TIPS
DID YOU KNOW.....
- Cramming Never Works? You will do better on your exam than if you hadn't studied at all, but you'll most likely forget most of what you've crammed.
- Cleaning Your Work Space Can Help Fix Study Fatigue? De-cluttering your study space can de-clutter your mind!
- Inch By Inch Life Is A Cinch? Set bite-sized goals in your study habits to prevent yourself from being overwhelmed.
- Studying Out Loud Can Jumpstart Your Memory? Studies show speaking or mouthing what you need to remember can help you recall it 12%-20% better than if you hadn't!
- Multitasking Doesn't Help? Your levels of concentration are significantly lower when you spread yourself thinly amongst your activities.
- Testing Yourself Is More Effective Than Re-Reading?You'll learn the material faster and retain it longer if you do a little Q&A.
- Caffeine Can Stress You Out More?If you're having big anxiety issues, alcohol and caffeine can make it worse.
- All-Nighters Are'nt Helpful If You're Not Sleeping? While you may be really studious, you'll compromise your test taking skills on exam day if you don't rest your brain enough!
- Taking Exercise Breaks Can Keep You Focused? It pumps your endorphins to help your brain feel refreshed and feeling good!
- Identify and List your Priorities
- Plan Sufficient Time for Study: For Every Hour in Class, Study for Two Hours
- Plan Study Blocks: Reach Optimum Efficiency by Scheduling 50-90 Minute Study Periods with 10-15 Minute Breaks
- Make Sure to Give your Body Time to Rest and Eat Well-Balanced Meals
- Be Realistic with your Study Time - Leave Room for Last Minute Problems and Don’t Pack your Schedule Too Tightly
- Take Full Advantage of Campus Resources – Both the Titan Student Union and Library are Open 24 Hours During Finals
TEST TIPS: PREPARATIONConsider using some of the following tools when preparing for exams:
- Flash Cards
- Outlines, Lists, and Charts
- Study Groups and Study Review Sessions
TEST TAKING STRATEGIES
- Arrive on Time to the Test
- Preview the Test
- Read Directions Carefully
- Attempt Every Question
- Review the Questions and your Answers
TIME WASTERS!Be Aware of these Time Wasters and Try to Avoid Them When Studying:
- Interruptions and Unplanned Visitors
- Watching Television
- Personal Disorganization
- Web Surfing, Email, and Social Media
Good Luck on Finals!
ALL NIGHT STUDY
Associated Students, Inc. | 800 N State College Blvd., Fullerton, 92831 | California State University, Fullerton